Lorac Pro 2 Palette

Wednesday, February 03, 2016



Swatches L-R: Buff, Snow, Lt. Brown, Beige, Cool Gray, Rose, Nectar, Mocha, Plum, Chrome, Navy, Silver, Charcoal, Jade, Black and Cocoa



I am beyond excited to share this review with you guys. Ever since I purchased the first Lorac Pro Palette, I knew I had to own the second one; and now I do! If you are not familiar with the pro palettes, first of all where have you been? Secondly, you need to get yourself one immediately, and thirdly, you should check out my review of the first one and compare shades.

Lorac's pro palettes are best known for a. their pigmentation, b. their soft and buttery texture, and c. their variety of neutral shades. This palette in particular is much cooler than the original and also encompassing more standout colours. Both palettes contain sixteen gorgeous eyeshadows that range from light to dark. One thing that makes these palettes so unique is that they offer a such an array of quality matte shadows. Each palette has an equal amount of matte and shimmer shadows, which is seldom seen in other eyeshadow palettes. Just like the original, this palette is also packaged in the same rubberized magnetic case; though the colour of the palette, much like it's shadows, is notable cooler.

One thing that I personally love about these Lorac palettes is how universally faltering they are on all skin tones. The shade selection is perfect, there isn't one shade that I wish wasn't included, as I can honestly see myself using them all at some point. The colour payoff and pigmentation of these shadows are otherworldly, I mean the swatches speak for themselves. They are easy to blend and layer and they last all day even on my oily eyelids. Before I never thought of myself as being much of a cool tone lover but ever since I purchased this palette during Black Friday, I pretty much reach for it daily. In all fairness I knew I was going to love this palette but I didn't think it would ever become my go to day to day palette of choice. As of right now my standout favourite shadows are Lt. Brown, for obvious reasons it's the perfect transition colour, Beige, Rose, Mocha and Cocoa. Okay, so naturally I gravitate towards the browns and bronzes, but when I look at the swatches above I'm drawn to a few of the grey toned shades. Isn't that funny how that works out.

Anyway, for those interested in the palette you can find it at your local Ulta Beauty or on their website, Ulta.com. Now tell me, what do you think of this palette, do you prefer it over it's warm toned predecessor? I'm still undecided, but I'm happy that I now have both.