Lorac Pro Palette

Friday, January 16, 2015


Lorac Pro Palette | $42

I promised you guys a full review of this infamous eyeshadow palette and here it is. I picked up this little beauty when I was last in the states during Black Friday, after pining for it for almost three years. As some of you may know Lorac used to be sold at Sephora stores as well as on their website till about roughly two and half years ago, when the founder of Lorac made a deal to have their products exclusively sold at Kohl's and Ulta Beauty. Now despite not having any Kohl's locations here in Canada I know what they're like as I've been to a few, and it isn't necessarily a place that I'd be comfortable purchasing high end makeup from (would you buy mac from your local tj max? I didn't think so); so naturally Ulta was the obvious answer to my prayers.

The Lorac Pro Palette is a neutral eyeshadow palette that has one row of eight matte shadows and another row of eight shimmer shadows for a grand total of sixteen beautiful buttery shadows. The shadows themselves are encased in a sturdy yet flexible magnetized rubberized case with a large mirror and engraved lettering on the top. Since the palette is made out of a rubberized material it does lend it's self to collecting quite a bit of debris making it a dirt and dust magnetite in even the tidiest of makeup collections. That being said I could deal with all that ten times over given that these are the best quality eyeshadows that I have ever had the pleasure of trying. More on that in a second.

This palette encompasses shades that are universally faltering to any and all skin tones, from the fairest of fair skinned girls to the darkest of dark chocolate sisters. Now as a women of colour let me tell you how nice and refreshing it it to find a makeup brand let alone a makeup palette were every shade is not only wearable but flatters are complexion; this is exactly why the Lorac pro palette gets the stamp of approval from the African American Beauty Society, okay that's not a real society but it should be. My favourite shadows from the palette are constantly changing but my standouts for now are Gold, Pewter and Deep Purple. See swatches below.

Top Row: White, Cream, Taupe, Lt. Pink, Mauve, Sable, Espresso, Black
Bottom Row: Nude, Champagne, Gold, Lt. Bronze, Pewter, Garnet, Deep Purple, Slate

Back to the pigmentation and the quality of these shadows, if you remember from my review of the too faced chocolate bar palette you'll recall that my main problem with that palette was that although the shadows appeared to be pigmented they just wouldn't last. The colour payoff I achieved when I applied the shadows to my lid would fade ridiculously after about an hour or so, that is not the case with the pro palette. The shadows in the pro palette are unbelievably pigmented, they blend like a dream and the colours last all day long. As you can see from the above image that is what one swipe of shadow looks like on my arm; now imagine a complete eye-look, actually you don't have to see my latest face of the day post were I featured this palette in all of it's glory. I grow more and more impressed with this palette as I use it and I'm so happy that I can finally call it mine.

The Lorac Pro Palette retails for about $42 at Ulta Beauty as well as on their Website. What do you think of this palette? Is what dreams are made of, I think so. I can't wait to create more looks using this palette, I already have some in mind.